Sources for Token Research
1. British and Irish Tradesmen and their Copper Tokens of 1787-1804. By Jon D. Lusk.
2. The Provincial Token-Coinage of the 18th Century. Dalton & Hamer. 2015 reprint by William McKivor.
3. Political and Commemorative Pieces Simulating Trademen’s Tokens 1770-1802. By R.C. Bell.
4. Specious Tokens and those struck for General Circulation 1784-1804. By R.C. Bell.
5. Tradesmen’s Tickets and Private Tokens 1785-1819. By R.C. Bell.
6. Commercial Coins 1787-1804. By R.C. Bell.
7. British Copper Tokens 1811-1820. By Paul and Bente R. Withers.
8. Tokens of the Eighteenth Century connected with Booksellers & Bookmakers. By W. Longman.
9. The Building Medalets of Kempson and Skidmore 1796-1797. By R.C. Bell.
10. British Tokens Articles and Notes from The Bazaar, Exchange and Mart, and Journal of the Household, December 29, 1880 through August 28, 1889. By Richard Thomas Samuel (1831-1893). Concordance compiled by Harold Welch.
11. Seventeenth Century Tokens of the British Isles and their Values. By Michael Dickenson.
12. Tokens of These Trying Times: A Social History of Britain's 19th Century Silver Tokens. By James O'Donald Mays.